http://www.informationr.net/ir/22-1/infres221.html articles include:
- Jia Tina Du and Jelina Haines: Indigenous Australians’ information behaviour and Internet use in everyday life: an exploratory study
- Vincas Grigas, Simona Juzėnienė and Jonė Veličkaitė: ‘Just Google it’ – the scope of freely available information sources for doctoral thesis writing
-Martin D. Hassell and Mary F. Sukalich: A deeper look into the complex relationship between social media use and academic outcomes and attitudes
- Sufang Wang and Jieli Yu: Everyday information behaviour of the visually impaired in China
Proceedings of CoLIS: 9th International Conference on Conceptions of Library and Information Science - Uppsala University, June 27-29, 2016
Contents page at http://www.informationr.net/ir/22-1/colis/colis2016.html Articles include:
- Louise Limberg: Synthesizing or diversifying library and information science. Sketching past achievements, current happenings and future prospects, with an interest in including or excluding approaches
- Michael Olsson and Annemaree Lloyd: Being in place: embodied information practices.
- Ola Pilerot, Björn Hammarfelt and Camilla Moring: The many faces of practice theory in library and information studies.
- Sally Irvine-Smith: Information through the lens: information research and the dynamics of practice.
- Cecilia Andersson: The front and backstage: pupils’ information activities in lower secondary school.
- Trine Schreiber: E-learning objects and actor-networks as configuring information literacy teaching.
- Syeda Hina Batool and Sheila Webber: Conceptions of school libraries and the role of school librarians: findings from case studies of primary schools in Lahore.
- Gillian Oliver: The records perspective: a neglected aspect of information literacy.
- Eamon Tewell: Resistant spectatorship and critical information literacy: strategies for oppositional readings.
- Veronica Johansson and Louise Limberg: Seeking critical literacies in information practices: reconceptualising critical literacy as situated and tool- mediated enactments of meaning.
- Jutta Haider: Controlling the urge to search. Studying the informational texture of practices by exploring the missing element.
- Hilary Yerbury and Ahmed Shahid: Social media activism in Maldives: information practices and civil society.
- John Mowbray, Hazel Hall, Robert Raeside and Peter Robertson: The role of networking and social media tools during job search: an information behaviour perspective.
- Bhuva Narayan and Medina Preljevic: An information behaviour approach to conspiracy theories: listening in on voices from within the vaccination debate.
- Fidelia Ibekwe-Sanjuan: The journey of information: how students perceive information in France using the draw and write technique.
- Jenna Hartel: Information behaviour, visual research, and the information horizon interview: three ways.
- Katriina Byström, Ian Ruthven and Jannica Heinström: Work and information: which workplace models still work in modern digital workplaces?
- Anita Nordsteien: Handling inconsistencies between information modalities - workplace learning of newly qualified nurses
Proceedings of ISIC: the information behaviour conference, Zadar, Croatia, 20-23 September, 2016: Part 2.
Contents page at http://www.informationr.net/ir/22-1/isic/isic2016b.html Articles include:
- Camilla Moring: Newcomer information seeking: the role of information seeking in newcomer socialization and learning in the workplace
- Isto Huvila: Distrust, mistrust, untrust and information practices.
- Gunilla Widén, Farhan Ahmad and Isto Huvila: Workplace information sharing: a generational approach
- Farhanis Mohammad and Alistair Norman: Understanding information sharing behaviour of millennials in large multinational organisations: a research in progress
- Ina Fourie and Valerie Nesset: An exploratory review of research on cancer pain and information-related needs: what (little) we know
- Theresa Anderson and Ina Fourie: Falling together – a conceptual paper on the complexities of information interactions and research gaps in empathetic care for the dying
- Heidi Enwald, Maarit Kangas, Niina Keränen, Milla Immonen, Heidi Similä, Timo Jämsä and Raija Korpelainen: Health information behaviour, attitudes towards health - information and motivating factors for physical activity among older people: differences by sex and age
- Trine Schreiber: Information seeking as idea-generating and -stabilizing feature in entrepreneurship courses at university
- Anika Meyer and Ina Fourie: Thematic analysis of the value of Kuhlthau’s work for the investigation of information behaviour in creative workspaces in academic libraries
Photo by Sheila webber: cherry blossom, March 2017